Thursday, May 05, 2005

Golf season begins

Wednesday night's golfing league kicked off last night and fortunately for me I didn't have what had become another in a long line of elevated scores and frustration. We play a nine-hole round at Pequot and I managed a 46 for the round. That in spite of putting a dismal nineteen times in nine holes. My iron play was pretty good and I had nary a dropped or lost ball the whole round. My pitching could have been closer to the pin but again, no skulled shots or flubs that sometimes creep in. Much better than the mid-fifties and higher(!) I'd shot down at Myrtle Beach. Hopefully this is the start of bigger and better things. With my knee on the mend I'll be back to take a few lessons with my teaching pro who'll shave a few strokes here and there. It's nice to have the bag back in the trunk where it belongs.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home