Monday, March 14, 2005

The skid ends

Well my two week skid ended last night, finishing up $17. Even though my ratio of hands won to hands lost was quite good (8-3), the hands where I dropped ended up having a higher amount of cash in them, which ate into my final totals. QQ going up against AA and the nut flush draw not coming. In each instance I probably should have dropped the hands. Fortunately the rest of the evening went pretty well.

Tracking the evening's events makes for interesting information when it's all said and done. Since I have been keeping records on average I've been winning hands at around a 2:1 ratio. Last night I saw several instances where I could have flopped two pair by staying in with marginal cards, but attempting to hit on those will eventually bleed out my money in blind after blind, hoping for a long-shot. It's rare that I have the highest winning total for an evening but it's also rare for me to be dipping deep into my bankroll.

2 Comments:

Blogger Captain Kirk said...

Who's your Daddy?

12:02 PM  
Blogger Mr. Hand said...

I'll take flopping a straight flush to your straight over a measly pocket Aces vs Queens any day of the week, and twice on Sundays.

3:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home